Providing a single "Quick Start" instruction sheet on all products. This should be located at the top of the packaging so the customer sees it immediately (using brightly-coloured paper can help).
For vacuum cleaners we recommend including this information on a Quick Start guide:
- Your customer helpline details, so queries can be dealt with quickly and returns minimised.
- Emphasise using the vacuum cleaner correctly to avoid damage.
- Emphasise replacing bags or empting cyclones when full and replace filters every six months (or after every six bag changes / cyclone empties) or when they restrict air flow so that cleaning performance deteriorates.
- Replacement must be simple with few steps and not require tools. Explain clearly in instruction manual, ideally by using photographs or diagrams.
- The meaning of warning lights, if used, needs to be explained.
- Instructions for replacing hoses, brushes and belts are also needed.
- Supplying replacement bags, filters, etc. after customer purchase is simpler if customers are provided with a customer care number, such as on a sticker on the product.