Providing a single "Quick Start" instruction sheet on all products. This should be located at the top of the packaging so the customer sees it immediately (using brightly-coloured paper can help).
For Televisions we recommend including the following information on a Quick Start guide:
- Your customer helpline details, so queries can be dealt with quickly and returns minimised.
- How to attach the stand or wall mount safely, without risking damage to the TV
- How to set up the remote control for use, including battery layout (+ve and–ve ends etc.)
- TV set-up and tuning (use of auto tune and manual override of default settings)
- Remote control use for general operation (on-off, channel selection, volume control, mute etc.)
- How to set up and operate the TV with a universal remote control
- Diagrams should be used where possible along with simple and clear English
- Firmware upgrade instructions to be provided in the user manual.