Providing a single "Quick Start" instruction sheet on all products. This should be located at the top of the packaging so that the customer sees it immediately (using brightly-coloured paper can help). For fridge freezers we recommend including the following information on the Quick Start Guide:
- Your customer helpline details, so queries can be dealt with quickly and returns minimised.
- Emphasise the need to locate the product in a well-ventilated place to prevent overheating (this is better if it includes diagrams for non-English-speaking customers, for example with ticks and crosses for good and poor locations).
- Emphasise using the product correctly, e.g. in ambient temperature range, minimising door opening etc.
- Emphasise the need for regular cleaning, i.e. how and when to do this
In addition we recommend:
- A removable sticker to be placed inside at the back of the fridge compartment to clearly indicate where the drain hole is (e.g. a large coloured arrow)
- A small plastic cleaning plunger to be provided to facilitate drain hole cleaning.
- An ‘easy-peel’ sticker to be placed on the rear of the fridge to indicate that removal of the spacers could prevent the unit from cooling adequately and result in early failure of the unit.